Wednesday 13 February 2013

His embrace - [Poem]

This is my attempt to convey into words the sense of security and devotion we experience when in His embrace even if only for a second.


His embrace is like a paper clip,
tangible and closing in.
It holds the A4 of me together,
even the margins of my awkward limbs.

I fit into His arms, like a built in wardrobe,
where everything has it's eternal place
shelved and organised, when I look to His face.

I can see things differently
from the warmth of His chest,
The smoke finally clears,
I'm no longer left to guess.

His arms fold around me,
more tightly than origami.
But, here in this folding
He knows I'm still withholding.

So, 
as I breathe out the ashes of my striving,
He lifts up my head with attention undivided.

He whispers in my ear and I almost
don't hear,
as my blood performs, it's attempted escape
from it's venous constraint.
But still through the bloody uproar His words pierce
the surface of my core.

"I. Love. You."

There. It is finished.
8 letters, and I'm undone.

I'm the island
in His sea of arms
and there's nowhere left to run.

In His acceptance, more gratifying than speech,
He is my shore of certainty, and hope is now 
my beach.

Forever will He hold me up,
like a hanger on a coat,
and constantly He will whisper:

"No, you did not misquote."





 © 

No comments:

Post a Comment